As you watch the timelapse of our full reconditioning service, read here exactly what we do:
- An initial assessment of the rack to check the sustainability for reconditioning.
- The body is cleaned and put into a bead blaster, when that is done it looks like this,
- The rack is stripped to component form and all internal hard parts are cleaned.
- We then check the rack bar is straight and true if it is then we continue to resurface the bar.
- The body and pipes are honed, burnished and polished.
- We then start to rebuild the rack with new O.R spec bearings, bushes and seals.
- Set the rack preload and lift with a dial gauge.
- The rack is then tested at full pressure on ur functional testing rig.
- Our final step is to spray the rack with a clear coat lacquer to protect all bare metal parts from corrosion.
This is our final Product